What is Design Thinking? 5 Top Tips for improving innovation with Design Thinking
Ever come across the term 'Design Thinking'? The World is evolving with new innovations everyday. Whether it is literature, art, music, science, engineering, or business, one can use design thinking to solve problems in a creative and innovative way. Let's learn what design thinking is and how it can be used.
WHAT IS DESIGN THINKING?
Design thinking is a mindset and approach to problem-solving in a highly user-centric way. What makes it different from others is that, it’s a solution-based process. It focuses on the solution rather than the problem. It is used to understand users, challenge assumptions, redefine problems by creating a prototype model, gathering feedback from customers and redesigning the product using innovative solutions.
WHY DESIGN THINKING IS IMPORTANT?
It is essential for future designers to develop and polish skills to understand the rapid changes in users’ environments and behaviors. Design thinking helps to develop creativity with experimenting with a vast number of solutions. Design thinking will allow the teams have the freedom to generate ground-breaking solutions in an innovative way.
Top 5 tips for improving innovation with design thinking..
- Choose experienced, multi-talented project team: Any innovation's success is based on a team and collaboration. The persons taking part in projects should be those who work with the target customers to ensure mindset and process are on a right track.
- Stimulate Creativity: Divergent thinking is essential in design thinking. Ideas are the solutions for the customers' difficulties and solving them creates more customers.
- Always allow room for learning: Look at other UX or graphics designers in the field can be a good way of learning how to improve your design thinking process.
- Customer Feedback: Spend time with and interview your customers. Actively listen and observe customer feedback.
- Visualize the process: Try design thinking process in practice. Good visualization helps to understand and remember the process
Every business want to identify, understand, and address the problems that plague businesses and their customers. Design thinking helps to visualize your problems and challenge common assumptions as it prioritize customers’ requirements and needs above everything else.