Voice Search Marketing: Top 5 Advantages and Challenges
Use the power of speech recognition to search the web!
Voice search has rapidly gained popularity over the years and has become an inevitable part of our daily lives. Digital voice assistants like Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa and Siri have become huge in recent years. They can interpret human speech and respond via synthesized voices.
If you own a business, then it is wise to focus on voice search optimization unless you want to miss out on sales. It is predicted that by 2024, the global voice recognition market will reach $26.8 billion, and the number of voice-enabled digital assistants will reach more than 8 billion.
Voice search is easier than searching online and give instantaneous results. This technology made our lives even easier and shopping more effortless.
Voice Search Marketing | Advantages
- Quick Response to Customer Requests: Since voice search is faster than text search, it provides quick and prompt answers for most of the customer’s questions. It delivers both searching and display of results much faster than conventional text search.
- Beneficial for Local SEO Campaigns: Local voice search optimization can be done by using voice searches matching extremely local keywords. Optimize SEO for “near me” type searches.
- Multilingualism: Voice search is multilingual. You can use whichever language you are comfortable with. This will allow more and more customers to approach your business.
- Accessible For Everyone: This technology is suitable for everyone regardless of age, disability. Elderly people, people with partial disabilities can simply speak out their requirements and get the results immediately.
- Drives More Traffic: A voice search optimized website will get more customers and you will be able to get relatively higher traffic than earlier.
Voice Search Marketing | Challenges
- Complex Search Queries: Voice search queries are commonly complex long-tail phrases, so revive your keywords list and use long-tail keywords.
- Privacy of Voice Data: There is a risk of third parties listening to our conversations. Introduce a feature to delete any voice clips captured.
- Unclear Voice Search: Customers often ask unclear questions without context. To understand user conversation and extract of the right data to fulfill the query set up help providers like Google Help Center.
- Supporting Regional Languages: Voice assistants understands only American and British English accents. It is not able to recognize and understand local accents or stronger accents and also many languages still need to be implemented in voice recognition apps.
- Managing Background Noise: Background sounds may divert voice assistants from giving correct results. You need to take care that the place should not be overcrowded and should not have external noise disturbances.
Optimizing your online content to be easily discovered through voice searches will only benefit your business. So embrace this fast, functional time-saver technology today. 89% of the users think that it is more convenient to use voice search. Voice search marketing is now widely used by all big and small businesses as a SEO trend and is expected to take over text searches in the upcoming years.