Software Testing: 15 Top Practical Tips
"Testing is not responsible for the bugs inserted into software any more than the sun is responsible for creating dust in the air."
In this tech world, most software fails completely or partially for various reasons. Software testing is imperative, because it verifies whether the actual software product meets the expected requirements and checks whether there are defects in the written code. After that, the development team fixes the issues.
Why Software Testing is Important?
Software Testing ensures the delivery of a better quality product. Other benefits of testing include preventing bugs, reducing development costs and improving performance.
Here are the top 20 tips you should know before you start testing product or web application.
- Understanding the requirements clearly
- Write effective test cases
- Encourage clarity in bug reporting
- Use tools to make testing easy
- Test your user documentation also
- Conduct code reviews
- Engage the end user
- Always keep learning
- Create sample test data if needed
- Make sure developers have the test cases
- Emphasize code quality
- Take a note of every code change or requirement update
- Perform load / stress testing
- Have frequent discussions
- Interact with developers
The ultimate goal of software testing is to find errors, gaps, or missing requirements in comparison to the actual requirements. The importance of Quality Assurance cannot be ignored. Software testing allows you to verify each and every aspect of a software. It determines the performance of the software.