What is Node.js?
So, how popular is Node.js?
Let’s take you to some awesome and latest Node JS statistics to show how popular Node.js is:
- Node JS’s application areas include e-commerce, crowdfunding, IoT, and payment processing.
- After integrating Node JS, both PayPal and Netflix experienced considerable improvements in performance and cost.
- Node JS can cut the loading time by 50%-60%.
- By using Node JS, developing costs are decreased by 58%.
- 45% of Node JS developers were between 25 to 35 years old.
- 92% of Node JS developers use databases for their projects. Around 86% of developers use a library or front-end framework.
- 78% of Node JS downloads are for Linux, 17% are for Windows, and 5% for macOS.
Pros and Cons of Node.js Web App Development
|Advantages of Node.js||Disadvantages of Node.js|
|Robust technology stack||Callback hell issue|
|Fast-processing for web-tasks||Immature tooling and dependency management|
|Scalable technology for microservices||Issues with API stability|
|Rich ecosystem: Node.JS libraries and tools||Unsynchronized Programming Model|
|Large Community Support||Not Suitable for Large and Complex Web Applications|
|Offers High Performance|
|Seamless JSON support|
So, Why Should You Choose Node.js?
Node. js makes it easy to get started with development. Node js gets amazing execution dependent on the designs of numerous Internet applications. Nodejs is quite good for starting a project from scratch, when you don’t know exactly what the product will do. It gives you the flexibility needed in the early stages of development.