15 Mind-blowing Mobile Marketing Statistics and Trends For 2023
Nowadays people increasingly rely on their phones for everything whether it is shopping, entertainment, or managing work. For instance, as of 2023, there are 6.92 billion smartphone users globally, and that number is expected to reach 7.34 billion by 2025.
So, mobile marketing is becoming a necessity. Especially, every ecommerce business owners have to focus their efforts on mobile marketing.
What is Mobile Marketing?
Mobile marketing is a digital marketing strategy that promotes products and services via mobile devices, such as tablets and smartphones. Most people always have their phones with them, so it is easy and quick to connect with them. Mobile marketing is an effective way to reach the desired target audience quickly.
Our smartphones have become integral parts of our lives. Mobile marketing has revolutionized the marketing field by giving best customer experience. This trend will only grow as it is cost-effective and more personalized.
Here are some Mobile marketing statistics and trends that will help you.
- GSMA intelligence data indicates there are 5.22 billion unique mobile phone customers today.
- 91% of smartphone owners make or plan to make a purchase after seeing a relevant ad.
- Mobiles have the largest market share at 59.02%.
- When it comes to immediate needs, 3 out of 4 mobile users go to mobile search first.
- 70% of B2B buyers increased mobile usage significantly over the past few years.
- 48% of customers say if the business site of a company is not mobile-friendly, they’ll take it as an indication that the business is simply not caring.
- 51% of global web traffic is done on mobile devices.
- Mobile traffic is predicted to increase by 25% by 2025.
- 91% of mobile customers prioritizing quality content.
- 80% of consumers like to receive location- based alerts.
- Mobile push notifications are known to have a high open rate which can be improved with basic personalization up to by 9%.
- 90% of messages are read within 3 minutes.
- SMS marketing has a whopping 45% response rate.
- 73% of customers complete a call to action after receiving a message related to a nearby location.
- You lose 61% of users if your site is not optimized for mobile.
Why is Mobile marketing important?
Customers prefer shopping via mobile phones, making mobile marketing incredibly effective. Mobile marketing is the future. More than 40% of online transactions take place via mobile devices. Advertisers have access to more data in mobile than desktop. It's uniqueness is that in mobile marketing, you can reach an audience from anywhere at any time.