10 Most Popular Java Applications in 2023
Java is evolving at lightning speed and you know it! Although there are many newer and flashier languages and tools, Java continues to be one of the most popular programming languages today.
Is Java is still relevant in 2023? Java has come a long way since its inception and is evolved as the the backbone of many industries. Java can be used to create everything from desktop programs to sophisticated web apps.
Java's popularity is due to its simplicity, robustness and portability. It is relatively easy to learn compared to other programming languages. Since Java is platform-independent, one can compile code on one operating system, and run it on another one.
So, that answers the question! We’ve compiled a list of the most popular Java applications in 2023 developed by Java.
Popular Java Applications in 2023
- Mobile Applications: Java is compatible with app designing software such as Kotlin and Android Studio. This language is suitable for cross-platform development. The idea behind it is “write once, run anywhere.”
- Desktop GUI Applications: Java is used to create applications that have attractive interfaces and designs, they can store and retrieve data from a database, and much more. Java supports GUI creation using resources such as Abstract Windowing Toolkit (AWT), JavaFX, and Swing.
- Web-based Applications: Java is a commonly used language for web development, especially on the server-side.
- Enterprise Applications: Java can actually run on any modern hardware and reduces the technicality dependency to nearly zero. This makes enterprises to spend less to set up and maintain Java software. Java is also widely acknowledged as the foundation for many banking apps.
- Scientific Applications: Java is used for mathematical operations, simulations, and other scientific calculations.
- Gaming Applications: Most gaming software requires multithreading and Java greatly supports multithreading applications. LibGDX and jMonkeyEngine are two examples of game engines that support game development using Java.
- Big Data Technologies: Java is a powerful and versatile language that is well-suited for big data development, thanks to its scalability, wide use of big data frameworks, large developer community, portability, and familiarity in the industry.
- Business Applications: Java is used to develop large-scale, multi-tiered network applications that are scalable, reliable, and secure. Java provides tools like a development model, API, and runtime environment which makes it easier for enterprises.
- Distributed Applications: Java allows developers to create large-scale applications that can handle high user loads and provide high availability. Java is highly scalable which make it easy to handle increased user loads and data processing requirements.
- Web Servers and Application Servers: The robust Java ecosystem has given rise to numerous Java web and application servers. Servlets such as Apache Tomcat, Project Jigsaw, and Rimfaxe Web Server reside on web servers (RWS).
Conclusion: Java for your project
More than 3 Millions devices are running on Java. Java will continue to be a widely-used and flexible programming language, used in various applications such as game creation, IoT, AI, and ML. Java is expected to remain a desired option across the IT industry, because of its object-oriented programming capabilities.