Top Generative AI Statistics for 2023
Since the release of OpenAI’s generative AI tool ChatGPT in 2022 November, everyone is talking about this generative AI technology. The technology, it should be noted, is not brand-new. Today's organizations are rapidly deploying generative AI tools.
What is Generative AI?
Generative AI is a type of artificial intelligence technology that can produce various types of content, including text, imagery, audio and synthetic data. You can create creating high-quality text, graphics and videos in a matter of seconds.
Future of Generative AI
According to recent study, by 2025, more than one-quarter of sales organizations will utilize generative AI to auto-summarize meetings, personalize sale etc. Generative AI will help in more automation thus helping organizations do more work with fewer resources.
Companies that can safely and responsibly utilize the full potential of generative AI which will reshape their industries immensely. It enhances customer experience through personalization and gives an improved customer service.
Let's talk about how important is Generative AI through these statistics.
- 73% of the Indian population is using generative AI.
- 65% of generative AI users are Millennials or Gen Z.
- 72% are employed are using Generative AI.
- 75% of generative AI users are looking to automate tasks at work and use generative AI for work communications.
- 38% of generative AI users use generative AI for fun.
- 88% are unclear about how generative AI will impact their life.
- 67% of IT leaders surveyed said they have prioritized generative AI for their business within the next 18 months.
- 71% believe that Generative AI will introduce new security threats to their data.
- 76% Generative AI is used among marketers for content creation.
- Seven in 10 marketers (71%) expect generative AI will help eliminate busy work and allow them to focus more on strategic work.
- 39% of marketers don’t know how to use generative AI safely.
- Almost two out of five sales professionals (39%) worry they will lose their job if they don’t learn how to use generative AI at work.
The introduction of ChatGPT has spurred widespread adoption of generative AI. Generative AI will continue to evolve, making advancements in translation, drug discovery, anomaly detection and the generation of new content, from text and video to fashion design and music.