3 Most Popular Cross-Platform Mobile Development Frameworks and its Features
While developing a mobile app, people often face the challenge of needing to develop it for multiple platforms. In simple terms, both for iOS and Android devices.
With native applications, it is easy to build apps for each mobile OS. The major drawback of these native apps is that you cant reuse the code for another OS.
A lifesaving option for this dilemma is Cross-platform app development. With cross-platform app development, we can create software applications that are compatible with multiple mobile OSes.
|Cross-platform Mobile Development
A cross-platform mobile development is an approach that allows you to build an app compatible with various platforms such as Android, iOS, Windows. Cross-platform application uses a single shareable code, which makes it less expensive than native app development.
|Cross-platform Mobile Development Frameworks
Cross-platform mobile development frameworks are the tools to build apps for multiple platforms, such as Android and iOS, using a single codebase. You don't have to write code for each operating system. This accelerates the development process.
|Popular Cross-Platform Mobile Development Frameworks
Google introduced an impressive cross-platform app framework named Flutter back in 2017.
- Same UI and Business Logic in All Platforms.
- Fast Development due to “Hot Reload” feature.
- Highly Customizable UI Design.
- A Wide Variety of Rich Widgets.
- Access to Native Features.
- Publicly Accessible.
- Better Performing with the Dart, Skia, and DevTool
- Own rendering engine for drawing widgets.
An open-source UI software framework, React Native was developed in 2015 by Meta( The old Facebook).
- Write Once Use Anywhere.
- UI Focused.
- Highly compatible with third-party plugins.
- Strong Community.
- Fast Refresh feature allows you to see the changes in their React components immediately.
- Support For 3rd Party Libraries.
- NPM For Installation.
- Mobile Environment Performance.
Ionic is an open-source UI toolkit that was released in 2013 and uses a combination of languages.
- An open-source front-end framework.
- Based on a SAAS UI framework designed specifically for mobile operating systems.
- Based on AngularJS.
- Uses Cordova plugins which allow access to devices’ in-built features.
- Gives a native-like feel to the apps is what makes it a favorite of developers.
How do you choose the right cross-platform app development framework for your project? Cross-platform app development enables you to build a single application, and target it for multiple platforms. ' Create once, run all over the place' motto allows these types of apps easy to maintain and deploy.
Understand your project's requirements and goals, and get a clear idea of what you want your future app to look like. Explore the frameworks capabilities and check its consistency between different platforms.
Feel free to connect with us to know more about these frameworks and app development and use our expertise of delivering high-quality apps.