20+ Fascinating CMS Statistics in 2023
Companies manage digital content using Content Management System(CMS). A content management system (CMS) is computer software used to manage the creation and modification of digital content. Theses systems are used to create, edit, organize, and publish content.
Why CMS is important?
The main advantage of content management systems are even non-technical people can be able to publish content. CMS features are user-friendly and suitable for any business type. CMS provides collaborative environment for content sharing and can be accessed from anywhere. It reduces IT resources and costs, as CMS support content for different languages.
CMS Statistics 2023
Artificial intelligence(AI) and Machine learning(ML) is changing every sector and CMS is no different. In the future, we can see AI and ML-powered features in CMS, such as personalized content recommendations, chatbots, and content optimization.
Learn about CMS through latest CMS Statistics....
- In 2023, there are over 800 CMS platforms available in the market to choose from!
- CMS currently has a market size of $62.4 billion.
- The global CMS market value is expected to reach $123.5 billion by 2026.
- Between 2020 and 2025, CMS is expected to have a CAGR of 13.3%.
- E-commerce is booming! More than 28% of the top 1 million websites on the internet are eCommerce.
- The most popular eCommerce CMS used by the sites are WooCommerce Checkout, Shopify, Magento, and Wix Store.
- WordPress is the #1 platform powering 43.2% of the websites on the internet, with around 63.5% of the CMS market share.
- Over 38.5 million websites use WordPress as a content management system.
- 43.6% of all websites use a custom-made CMS.
- Shopify is the second-most popular CMS platform, with a market share of 5.5% and a well-known eCommerce platform.
- With 472 million accounts, Tumblr is the most popular CMS for blogging that’s hosted.
- The CMS — Squarespace — has around 3% of the CMS market share and 14.5% of the eCommerce platform market share.
- Squarespace has more than 4.2 million unique subscriptions.
- Wix is the fastest growing CMS, expanding 149% year-on-year.
- On average, 45,000 new users sign up on the Wix platform daily, which amounts to over 16 million annual sign-ups.
- There are more than 6.0 million premium users of Wix.
- Joomla! powers 2.7% of the websites that uses a content management system.
- Over 85,000 companies using Joomla! generate revenue between $1 to $10 million.
- Currently, there are more than 1.3 million live websites on the internet that Joomla powers!
- Magento controls 1.6% of the CMS market.
- 293,000 websites use the leader in knowledge management MediaWiki.
Without doubt, CMSs are important for growing businesses. These systems gives you control over your content and they not only have access to your website but also easily collaborate on different projects. A CMS is as a content marketing tool is a good investment as it saves time and money while providing additional security, efficiency, and technology.